Check Engine Light Diagnostic in Mt Vernon Alexandria VA
As soon as you see that check engine light illuminate, it’s imperative that you visit our shop for a thorough inspection!!
Most car owners and drivers tend to ignore the check engine light and continue driving their vehicle for weeks or even months, but this usually leads to serious damage and costly repairs and replacements. The check engine light is an integral component of your car's onboard diagnostic system. It mostly lights up in yellow, indicating an internal car issue that might sometimes require immediate professional attention.
Common Reasons Why Your Check Engine Light Comes On:
- Bad Exhaust Gas Recirculation (ERG) Valve
- Battery Charging System Problem
- Bad ignition coil
- Bad Mass Airflow Sensor
- Catalytic converter is damaged
- Gas cap is loose, damaged, or missing
- Non-compatible, after market car alarm
- EVAP purge control valve problem
- Oxygen sensor / 02 sensor needs to be replaced
- Oil level or oil pressure is low
- Oil change may be due
- Thermostat needs replacing
- Worn spark plugs or spark plug wires
Mt Vernon Sunoco’s highly trained technicians will run diagnostics and identify the reason for the engine light to illuminate. Then our experts will provide you a written estimate of their recommendations for your full consent, after which they will provide the necessary repairs.